Saturday 15 October 2011

DAY 2 - Did I ever leave here?

Well here I am back in Tassie. Got into Devonport about 6:30am and was one of the first off the boat. Had to wait for some old farts to be called twice over the intercom to get their arses down to the car. Finally they did. So off we went, off the boat and thru to quarentine. And what happens. They have a frikkin dog that needs to be wormed. Didnt they read the instructions? Ya bring a dog you worm it for some weird arse worm they dont have in Tassie. So finally i get thru quarentine, nothing to decare. (No sir! I have no alcohol in the car - thats what I said to the quarentine guy in Melbourne - Hes not taking my bottle of JB Black). Then I was off on my way to Launnie. Was a pretty good drive. Didnt really get stuck behind too many slow cars. Be easier if there were more double lanes. Hmmm.
Got to Launnie around 8am. Big hellos from Sandy and Rob. Had a cuppa and a chat with them and then finally got my shower. After that Sandy and I drove around to Nats place to surpise the girls. Spud was waiting at the gate for David, her boyfriend. She didnt recognise my car at first I think. Then she was all cuddles. Such a sweetie. Kahla was hanging out of the bedroom window in her jim jams. Got big hugs off her too. Monnie was off on a walk. So David turned up and off went Spud to College. So Sandy & I went inside and chatted to Kahla for a while. She had to get ready for class too. Then Mon finally got back so more hugs ensued. Love these kids. Stayed a while longer and chatted then they had to go so off we went too.
I dropped Sandy home then went off into town. Dropped in to see Nat at her work. Had to do three bloody blockies before I could find a park close by. Grrr. Was great to see Nat. Then went out to Invermay (can you believe I got on the wrong road and had to do a u-ee up past The Penny Royal.) Finally got to Maz's work and went in and chatted for a bit. Then off I went.
Decided to go to Maccas in South Launnie and sit in the car in my usual spot. Dont know how many times I have done that. Wanted to bring back an old time. Got another Smurfette tho. Already got her. Dorks!

Then I came back here to Sandy and Robs and hung about a bit, and then went and lay down on the couch for a rest. Next thing I know Sandy turns up with my pillow and a blanket. So I ended up napping.
After I woke up I went out for a smoke and discovered that Rob had spray painted my car where I hit the roo 5 years ago. Its just had undercoat on that bit since. Looks heaps better. Oh and he washed my car. :) 
Last night went to the movies with Nat, Ted and Mon. Saw Footloose. Really thought it was gonna be shit. Was worried I would compare it too much to the original. But it was good. They didnt make it stoopid.
Went back to Nats and had a cuppa and ended up sitting watching telly. Then Nat dropped  me back here. Was so stuffed I went to bed.
Feel like Ive never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment