Thursday 13 October 2011

Day 1. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Waiting to get on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry to head over and surprise Monniqe Kahla and Spud. Oops I mean Sarah. Was a long drive down here. Listened to an audio book most of the way. Now gotta wait to board then the long night ahead attempting to sleep in a recliner without getting sea sick. Will report back later.


Ok on the boat now. Its quart to 7. We dont shove off til 730. Gonna be a long boring night I think. Went and checked out where Im sleeping. In the recliner area. OMG just glorified airplane seats. Theres a disabled loo up there but no shower. Bugger. Bum. Pooh. Gonna have to wait til I get to Sandys to have a shower now. Pretty boring up there so sitting down on deck 7 near the reception and shop area. theres some nice little seats here to sit in and a big tv on the wall. Watching Deal or no deal. Can't stand that bloody Andrew OKeefe. So fake. Anyhoo. Theres some weird sights on here. Some are even a bit weirder than what comes into work. I think even Bec would find them strange. And shes so used to the freaks. Oh the shop is open. Must remember to grab a buddy of coke. Need something to wash my drugs down with later. Hope theres not someone fat and stinky sitting beside me. Or someone with a frakkin kid!!! Might sleep up here if thats the case. 
So now Im bored. This has only taken up 10 minutes for me so far. Pisses me off that I have to come down to this deck to have a smoke. No outside areas on deck 8. So gotta walk half way  down the ship to get to the nearest lift and come down to this deck. Blah! A guy just walked past. Looked really familiar. Think hes an actor or someone. 
You can tell the first timers on this ship. They are the ones taking lots of photos of really boring stuff. Like the city and down the side of the boat. I think I might have been on this thing a few times hey. 
Ohhh no deal. Hang on. Message on phone. It was mum asking where I was. Making sure I got onboard ok. Shes so cool. 
Do you know how hard it is not to put something about this trip on facebook. Cant let the girls know yet. Dont want to ruin the surprise. 
Well might sign off for now. Not sure if I will be able to continue later. On battery with the laptop. Might just put some crap on via my phone. 
Oh the captain is speaking. Nice weather. Only 1 - 1.5m seas. Still gonna drug up.
Better go get my coke so I can take them. 
Til next time
AWAY WE GO!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Kel. Hopefully you didn't have to put up with any of those awful frakkin kids!!! God forbid. Anyhoo hope you landed safely. Us freaks (heehee) are missing you already at work.Have fun

    ReplyDelete